Molson Coors was seeking to build brand familiarity for their beer SOL and encourage Canadians to ‘grab a SOL’ while enjoying summer activities. With Canadians turning to us for the summer forecast, and half of our users drinking beer in the past 6 months*, Molson Coors partnered with Pelmorex to develop an audience-centric campaign utilizing the power of weather.
A high-impact campaign was developed to highlight the sunny and fun personality of SOL and connect it with the summer activities Canadians were enjoying across the country.
The campaign successfully:
– Inspired with summer patio custom content
– Drove clicks to content via social media and digital ads
– Grabbed user attention with weather-relevant storytelling and weather-triggered creative
– Engaged the target market via custom audience segmentation
The target audience embraced the fun and engaging personality of SOL and the campaign content delivered great results across all metrics, including:
– 5M+ total digital ad impressions
– 442K+ social impressions on Facebook content drove 6.3K+ clicks to custom articles
– 0.42% CTR on custom articles-more than 3x benchmark
– Top performing promotional drivers to content delivered a 0.32% average CTR (Avg: 0.15%)